Max Stossel is also the Head of Education for the Center for Humane Technology, an organization of former tech insiders and CEOs dedicated to aligning technology with humanity’s best interests. Before joining the Center for Humane Technology, Max was a media strategist with an extensive background in social media, spending more time learning the ins and outs of the Facebook algorithm than any human should. He later worked for a social media company where he designed some of the same notification structures to distract us that he now criticizes.
- What is the Center for Humane Technology?
- What is the Time Well Spent Campaign?
- How should we go about combating many big tech company’s desire to hijack our attention?
- What are some steps high school students can take to away from screen addiction?
- Would you be willing to pay for social media if it was actively prioritizing your best interest instead of monetary profit?